The application cycle for 2017-19 Food Council members is now closed. We will open the application cycle for 2018-2020 Food Council members in September 2017 for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Committed to improving the Montgomery County food system.
- Live, work, or have a strong interest/investment in Montgomery County.
- Expertise in one or more local food-related issues such as agriculture, food security and access, nutrition, food business and industrial practices, food education and research, land use and urban food production and distribution.
- Represent of one of the five food system sectors (production, processing, distribution, consumption, waste management) and one of the following “working communities”:
- Business Community
- Local Governance
- Community Organizations and Citizens
- Health and Educational Organizations
- Rural and Regional Organizations
- Capacity to bring specific food system relationships and resources to the effort, as well as potential to represent diverse sectors of the local food system and/or the community at large.
Food Council Member Responsibilities:
- Develop collaborative solutions to community problems and be open to diverse ideas and opinions.
- Actively participate in at least one working group (Food Recovery and Access, Food Economy, Food Literacy, or Environmental Impact) or committee (Development, Monitoring & Evaluation, Policy or Steering) of the Food Council.
- Attend the annual full-day Food Council Retreat in February.
- Commit to a two-year term requiring attendance at 75% of all Food Council Meetings, including public meetings, bi-monthly Internal Council meetings, and monthly Working Group meetings.