- To become a certified food service manager in Montgomery County, a certificate from an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved course is required by the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services. Find more information about ANSI here.
- The National Restaurant Association offers various courses and instructors that are ANSI approved. See the National Restaurant Association information on their ServSafe program here.
- Montgomery College also offers limited food safety courses. Learn more here.
For more information on county requirements, please visit the Montgomery County Government’s Food and Facilities Licensing page.
Community Food Rescue also offers other Food Safety resources for businesses and organizations that provide food assistance. Follow the links below to access the resources offered by Community Food Rescue.
- Community Food Rescue: Information for Food Businesses and on Food Safety
- Community Food Rescue Food Safety Webinar
- Community Food Rescue: Food Safety for Recipient Organizations
If you’re interested in learning more about food safety or sharing Food Safety Month resources with your networks, you can find National Food Safety Month materials and posters here.