During Women’s History Month, the Food Council is highlighting woman-owned MoCo Made businesses that are growing and producing delicious food and beverage products right here in our community. This guide features a diverse assortment of locally made and grown products, including baked goods, craft beverages, and farm fresh delights–dozens of options to support women every time you shop. Be sure to head to the brand websites for more information and additional products!
- Tag Team Kitchen produces hand-stretched, fully baked-pizza crusts in a variety of flavors, plus pizza kits of sauce and a shredded cheese blend to make your perfect pizza at home. Available at in shop at Kensington, Tuesday-Friday, 1:00 to 6:00 pm, with Saturday hours beginning in March!
- Georgian Feast offers an authentic cuisine from the Republic of Georgia prepared with only fresh natural ingredients, including pre-packaged gourmet spreads with walnuts. These vegan gluten free spreads are available at Dawson’s Dupont, Dawson’s Rockville, European Delight Rockville and MOM’s Organic from March 2022. Headquartered & made in Rockville.
- The Urban Winery is a small, family run winery which produces over 30 hand crafted wines in Silver Spring, MD. The newly released 2020 Parea white blend Wines can be ordered through their website and shipped within Maryland and to 35 other states.
- Coop’s Soup is a vegan, gluten-free, and locally sourced soup to share as an awesome way to make friends and fight off loneliness. Available for purchase at the Olney Farmers Market, online at Common Root Farm, and at The Family Room in Laytonsville. Made in Brookeville.
- Dodo Farms produces certified naturally grown seasonal vegetables and pasture raised chicken eggs in Montgomery County. Made in Brookeville.
- Denizens Brewing Co. makes award winning, hand crafted beer and hard seltzer for every palate. You can find their beer at two taprooms in Silver Spring & Riverdale Park, and at retailers and restaurants across Montgomery County, the rest of Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
- Chicken of the Woods Permaculture Farm is in their 10th year producing nutrient dense pastured organic eggs from happy hens. Now offering a healing salve and artisanal tea collection made with high CBD hemp flower grown organically on farm sold in sampler packs as well as refillable tins. Gift or enjoy this Sampler Pack of teas including Serenity (0.5 oz), Interlude (0.5 oz) and Synergy Chai (1.1 oz). Made in Darnestown.
- Butterfly Spirits produces award winning Butterfly Botanical Liqueur, Butterfly Elderberry Vodka, Kent Cob Hazelnut Whiskey, and Butterfly Elderberry Vodka Soda ready to drink cocktail in a can. Can be purchased in all 26 Montgomery County Liquor & Wine Stores, at the Central Farm markets on select weekends, online via our website as well as in numerous retail stores throughout DC and MD. Headquartered in Bethesda.
- Doc Waters Cidery is the first cidery in Montgomery County, and is made from apples grown, pressed & fermented right on the farm. The current drink menu includes Orchard Blend Carbonated, Wildcat Woods Reserve, and Hopped Ciders, along with a rotating selection of specialty ciders. They also have slushies and sweet apple juice. Open April thru Mid-November. Friday’s 3:00-9:00, Saturday’s 12:00-9:00 & Sunday’s 12:00-6:00. Gift cards available through our website. Made in Germantown.
Additional woman-owned businesses can be found in our online Food and Beverage Guide.