COVID-19: How Can You Help?
For residents that are interested in donating food, funds, supplies, or their time to assist in the local COVID-19 response efforts, please finds more information below:
- Review the Food Assistance Provider Needs spreadsheet to find out what providers near you may need in terms of food, funds, and supplies. Most providers are also accepting financial donations electronically.
- Find a provider near you and contact them directly for information on how to help
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with specific offers to be connected with a community partner (i.e., if you have food or supplies that can be donated)
- Contact the Volunteer Center or visit the Volunteer Center website for opportunities to provide hands-on assistance
- Donate meals to hospital workers, first responders, and those in need:
Food Security Community Call
Every other Monday, 1:00 to 2:00 or 2:30pm. Please register in advance.
Food Economy Working Group Meeting
Third Wednesday of each month, 9-10:30am via Zoom.
Smithsonian Seminar on Reducing Food Waste
Friday, April 23, Smithsonian Seminar on Reducing Food Waste, 3:30-5:00pm
Food Education Working Group Meeting
4th Tuesday of each month, 9:30-11am via Zoom.
Film Screening: A Community of Gardeners
A Community of Gardeners," sponsored by the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
April 27, July 27th, Oct 26th
Gardening Grant Showcase
The Food Education Working Group (FEdWG) would like to cordially invite you to our Gardening Grant showcase that we will be taking place over the course of four (4) FEdWG meetings in 2021.
Stop Food Waste: Driving Awareness to Fight Food Waste
Stop Food Waste: Driving Awareness to Fight Food Waste. 2021 Virtual Event.
Bethesda Green Innovation Lab – Entrepreneurs as Transformers
You’re invited to join Bethesda Green's Innovation Lab for an engaging, virtual event to celebrate the entrepreneurs of our Innovation Lab.
Food Sovereignty Panel Discussion
The Montgomery County Food Council will be hosting a virtual Food Sovereignty Panel Discussion taking place on Friday, April 30th from 10-11:30am.
Environmental Impact Working Group Meeting
The first Tuesday of the month from 9:30AM-11AM via Zoom.
Creating A Thriving Volunteer Team: Best Practices for Effective Recruitment, Management, and Retention in a Food Assistance Organization
Join us for a virtual training to learn best practices for recruiting and managing volunteers in your food assistance organization.
Sign up for