Please find below relevant information about food assistance resources, and opportunities for individuals and organizations to support community needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional details can be found in English and Spanish on the Montgomery County Government’s COVID-19 Food Resources Information Portal.
Click on the links below to jump to each page:
Food Assistance Resources
- Food Assistance Resource Map: Location, hours, and eligibility guidelines for 100+ sites in Montgomery County where residents can access food and benefits application assistance.
- Please note: Hours of operation for providers listed in the Food Assistance Resource Directory are subject to change during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please call ahead for opening hours.
- Weekend Bag Program: MCPS, Manna Food Center, Up2Us Foundation and Women Who Care Ministries are distributing weekend backpacks with groceries to the families of MCPS students each Friday.
- SNAP Benefits during COVID-19 Information (Maryland Hunger Solutions)
- SNAP Benefits during COVID-19 One Pager and Half Page Flyer (English and Spanish)
- Online SNAP Benefits Information
- Food Assistance Referral Toolkit
- Maryland 2-1-1: The MD Department of Human Services, the MD Department of Disabilities, the Salvation Army, 2-1-1 Maryland, and other partners are collaborating to supplement existing programs for people with disabilities who may be experiencing food insecurity during the COVID-19 pandemic. To connect with these feeding opportunities, constituents should call 2-1-1.
- Online ordering:
- For Delivery: Peapod, Wegmans, Dawson’s Market (Rockville, Kensington, Potomac, Bethesda), Roots Market, Market at River Falls, Whole Foods Market through Amazon
- For Curbside Pickup: Dawson’s Market, Roots Market, Takoma Park Silver Spring Co-Op, Market at River Falls, Founding Farmers Grocery, Quarry House Tavern
- Special hours:
- Montgomery County grocery stores with extended or exclusive hours for elderly and immunocompromised residents (May 2020)
- Shopping support information can be found on the Montgomery County Government
- Communities Unbreakable
- Barwood and Regency cabs: Door-to-door delivery services for essential items like groceries, and pre-prescribed medications. Please call 301-990-9000 or contact email@example.com. Please note that this service is not free.
- Here2Help: Here2Help delivers free bags of groceries to county residents in need
- All County SNAP enrollment centers are currently closed to the public. However, you can call 240-777-1003 for assistance.
- Maryland Hunger Solutions Toll-free Phone Line for SNAP Application Assistance Sessions: (1-866-821-5552)
- Crossroads Farmers Market will match P-EBT up to $50, in addition to matching SNAP and WIC checks and cards!
- SNAP FAQ:
- All CCI WIC Centers remain closed to the public, however they continue to provide all essential services (appointments, benefits, support services) via phone: 301-762-9426
- Prepared Meal Sites: Montgomery County food assistance providers and nonprofit organizations are offering prepared meals to residents; call ahead to confirm availability.
- Prepared meals are being delivered through the Montgomery County Food Security Task Force
- Senior Congregate Meal Sites: Senior Nutrition Program continues to operate a grab and go meals program with delivery available to a limited number of people. Each participant (age 60+) must register for the program to reserve meals on a weekly basis for pick up/delivery. Boxes contain 7 completed frozen meals.
- Meals on Wheels: Home deliveries to seniors throughout the County.
- Meals for purchase or donating:
- Review the Food Assistance Provider Needs spreadsheet to find out what providers near you may need in terms of food, funds, and supplies. Most providers are also accepting financial donations electronically.
- Find a provider near you and contact them directly for information on how to help
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with specific offers to be connected with a community partner (i.e., if you have food or supplies that can be donated)
- Visit the Volunteer Center website for opportunities to provide hands-on assistance
- General COVID-19 Information: Center for Disease Control, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- County COVID-19 Hotline Number: 240-777-1755
- COVID-19 FAQ: Translations
- Immigrant Resources:
- Gilchrist Center (Healthcare, Housing/Rent Assistance, etc.)
- Mental Health Resources:
- Family Resources:
- Curriculum and Resources for Children and Families impacted by COVID-19
- “Stay Home, Eat Well, and Keep Moving” Resources from UMD-Extension (English) (Spanish)
- Food Safety Resources
- Montgomery County Facility Closures
- Info Montgomery
- Spanish: Si usted necesita asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con el Centro de Recursos para Inmigrantes Gilchrist al 240-777-4940.
- Amharic: በአማርኛ አገልግሎቱን ማግኘት ከፈለጉ, እባክዎት ብርቱካን አስረስን ከቴስ የማህበረሰብ ድርጊት ማእከል በ240-773-8252 ይደዉሉ ወይም ኢሜል ይላኩላት Birtucan.Assres@montgomerycountymd.gov.
- Chinese: 如果您需要中文帮助，请联系亚裔美国人健康促进协会。 电话号码：240-777-4517 或 Elsa.Lau@montgomerycountymd.gov
- Vietnamese: Nếu quý vị cần sự hỗ trợ bằng tiếng Việt xin liên lạc Hội ái hữu người Việt hoặc hội Việt Mỹ (AVA) tại số Điện thoại 301-588-6862.
- French/French-Creole: Si vous avez besoin d’aide en Français ou Haitien-Creole, veuillez appeler Caribbean Help Center au 301-593-6922.
- Korean: 한국어 도움이 필요 하시면, 아시아계 미국인 보건계획부 (Asian American Health Initiative) 240-773-1105 또는 이메일 Sophia.Yoon@montgomerycountymd.gov 로 문의 하십시오.
Please follow us on social media @MoCoFoodCouncil for more up-to-date information.